Tuesday, February 24, 2009

As it should be...

(smoky quartz, rhodium over pewter, fine silver)



Found while reading a favorite blog..."I am in the perfect place at the perfect time."

Today I was discussing with a friend the benefits of yoga. There are the obvious health benefits. With regular practice, one becomes stronger and more sure of themselves. Then there is the long range benefit of quieting the monkey mind. Yoga helps me to see when I'm fidgeting and losing concentration. It's frustrating whenever I am in a pose or asana and my thought wonders. BAM! My pose crumbles!

Yoga and life...it's an easy comparison. Whether it's the day to day matters or business goals, once I lose that focus, things tend to crumble easily. Plans go by the wayside. Procrastination sets in. Then comes the guilt.

This is where, just like in yoga, knowing that you are exactly where you need to be at that moment is important. My yoga instructor is always reminding the class how important it is to accept where you are in your practice. Chiding yourself on self-perceived inadequacies can only make you insecure. It's been that way with Isabella Smiles. Why didn't I do it this way? Or so-and-so is much better at this then I can ever be. Yikes! Progress cannot come from that kind of thought.

It's all an ongoing learning, unlearning, and relearning process. Being creative is natural. Finding a way to quiet my daily life to make room for creative flow is what is difficult.

How do you find the space to flow creative?


1 comment:

Lisa B (Moon) said...

wow! beautiful jewelry!
You are so talented!
xo me