Sunday, June 06, 2010

serenity...


what a great year this is turning out to be! 2010 started out mighty bumpy but the road has become more serene. i've cleared out the excess baggage i carried around for over a year and set some goals for myself. and began to focus on what makes me happy. i'm happiest when i'm learning and creating. so i've decided to go back to school and work less at the day job. which has given me the space i needed mentally and emotionally to finally feel like creating again.

there is so much i want to learn...to expand my jewelry-making skills! i recently learned how to create the rings pictured above. i'm so happy to be able to share this new skill...i've been practicing every chance i get.

i hope you like them as much as i do! because i am going to be giving one away this month...custom made for you with your favorite word or name stamped on it and i will ship it to you where ever you may be on this lovely planet of ours. just leave a comment telling me about one of your goals this year and on june 31st 10pm HST, the random number generator will pick the winner.

giveaway "rules":  1) leave a comment on this post only. 2) one comment per person. 3) you have until june 30th, 2010 at 10pm Hawaii time.

Addendum:

***Thank you to all who left their comments. I enjoyed reading about everyone's goals. I will be notifying the winner soon!***

7 comments:

Bryan Talisayan said...

This is my comment, it's been a while since I stopped by here but I don't remember too many, if any, manly pieces made by you.

Bryan T 

T said...

Goals I would love to buy a house lately I have been looking at foreclosures. Especially since thinkingof moving in with boyfriend,he is a packrat. He has lots of stuff,so do I.
I want a house with back yard,I always dreamed of getting married in backyard. The rings would look great as wedding rings. i have looked on esty to find rings i like,no luck so far. I bought stuff on etsy for weddng and gifts.

Rick Bergstrom said...

Your designs are beautiful! Can't wait to se guy stuff you start designing...
Rick

Angela said...

Hello my friend!
My goal is to learn to smock and organize my sewing room into a sanctuary. I also hope to spend more time teaching and playing with my children. Life screams past us and I sometimes forget the important things.

DeLene said...

HI Leiko-ko,

My goal for this spring was to have my husband fix the leaky roof. Now it is my goal for this summer. I'm sure it will also be my goal for this fall ;0)

Miss you,

DeLene

Mark M said...

I love the look of your new rings kathi!!! i'm not too sure what kind of comment i should be leaving, so i'll just tell you what my goal for 2010 is...

i hope that this year brings me and my family much happiness as i search for a way to be able to support them while still being able to enjoy them too! many people work so hard for their families that "time" becomes rare.

the word i would want to be stamped on a ring is "believe", because as long as you believe... nothing's impossible! =)

see you soon kathi!!!

Toni Watson said...

Pick me, pick me, pick me! I think I'm gonna have to do some shopping here...