Saturday, August 08, 2009

Doldrums?

It's actually been the opposite of being in the doldrums. Things have been super busy and exciting. Besides Etsy, Isabella Smiles is now being sold at Fresh Inc, a sweet little stationer located on Oahu at the Windward Mall.

As some of you may already know, I also received a promotion at my day job. As always, I am honored at what the universe offers me. And I want to do my best at everything. Being a perfectionist is not always easy. I want to make sure that everyone is happy and sometimes I forget that I need to be happy as well! I know there are many of you that are just as guilty as I am of neglecting your Self. Thinking that creating and having a constant flow of output is where happiness dwells.

And then comes some sort of crash, something gives and I realize that I haven't been taking care of me. Yes, creating is my heart. But if I don't take care of where that heart is housed, something is going to give. And it's usually health and relationship that suffer. Whether that be my children or a co-worker or a friend, when I am stretched I am not very pleasant to be around. Creativity suffers. And I have to work extra hard at getting back into the flow.

What do you do to find that balance especially when there is so much that you want and need to accomplish? When there is never enough time?

No comments: